John Pyle Photography offers a variety of quality products such as fine art canvases, luxury art albums, and gallery mount wall art.
—“The Story” 250 (minimum purchase required) This session is one hour in Downtown Columbus and 2 outfits. Make up and hair can be added.
—“The Identity” 450 (minimum purchase required) This session includes hair and makeup, 2.5 hours of shoot time, 3-4 outfits, location changes, and the Premier Ordering Session
—“The Experience” 700 (minimum purchase required) This IS the experience… This session includes hair and makeup by a professional makeup artist who will be ON LOCATION for your entire session. This gives you several more looks and gives your senior pictures a beautiful variety.
Included in this session is 4-5 hours of shoot time, as many wardrobe changes as you like, and your Premier Ordering Session!
–”Destination Sessions” available for travel and location sessions. Contact us for specific details.
“Teen Portrait Session” 250 This session is for “Lucky 13″ to “Sweet 16″ and everything in between. It includes a full hour of shoot time with 2 outfits. Hair and Makeup can be added. Teens also have the option to upgrade their session.
“Family Session” 250+ contact us to discuss location(s), outfits, number of family members, children’s ages, and ideas.
Headshots/ Commercial work
–“The Introduction” 150 This session is one outfit for 30 min… studio/downtown. Makeup and hair can be added
For other commercial/lifestyle work please contact us to discuss details, option, locations, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
01. DO YOU PHOTOGRAPH YOUR SESSIONS IN STUDIO OR ON LOCATION? John Pyle Photography photographs sessions both on location and in the studio. Depending on the session type you desire (senior, family, or other) you will have several options or combinations to choose from. As a general rule, however, sessions take place on location.
2. WHAT DOES “MINIMUM PURCHASE” MEAN? Our sessions do require a minimum order. Clients have different needs; some clients prefer longer sessions, multiple locations, multiple outfit changes, more images to see, etc. Some clients prefer smaller sessions with less time, one location, fewer outfit changes, and less poses and images. A minimum purchase is the minimum amount a client must invest on their order. Minimum orders are applied in an effort to allocate our customer’s time and budgets appropriately as well as our time in order to deliver consistent quality and serve our clients effectively. Our minimum purchases/starting points are based on our experience of what most clients have chosen to order for that specific session. Different sessions (to include number of locations, distance of locations, length of sessions, number of outfits, activities, number of images to see, etc.) are available to our clients to help find them find the right custom session.
3. What is a “Consultation”? We meet with our clients at a consultation prior to your photoshoot to go over all the details about your portrait experience prior to your session. We discuss locations, ideas, time, weather, outfits, style, collections, and all the details of the shoot and ordering appt so they day of your session we are all just having fun creating amazing images.
4. What is a Senior Model for John Pyle Photography? Senior Models are rising or current high school seniors chosen to represent our studio for their senior year of high school. Identity or Experience session and minimum order REQUIRED but There is NO additional fee on top of this. A Senior Models participates in the following: -Representing our studio for their senior year of high school, being the face of our business, online and in the community. -Model for photography workshops that we teach -Model for commercial and fashion shoots, or photoshoots with other businesses that we market or partner with. -Model for new location shoots, portfolio building, or for collaborative projects -Be featured on prints and canvases at local businesses, boutiques, and locations of advertising or on videos/news/press releases -Featured on national photography blogs and articles that we contribute to -Elligible for national senior portrait modeling contests and additional photoshoots. -Senior Models agree to ONLY be photographed by our studio their senior year and cannot be featured on websites or other social media pages by any other professional photography studios. This does NOT include the school/yearbook photographers. We love all of our customers and our senior models are very important to us and to our business. Senior models are considered and chosen based referrals from previous senior models. But all those who express interest can be considered.
05. DO YOU OFFER CUSTOM FRAMING? Yes. John Pyle Photography specializes in art to decorate your home. As such, we offer both custom canvas gallery wraps, metal prints, gallery blocks and custom-framed portrait art (in addition to other custom art displays, such as our image books). We work with each client to ensure you choose a wall portrait display perfect for your images and the style of your home.
06. WHAT PAYMENT METHODS DO YOU ACCEPT? Cash, Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover
07. WHEN DO I GET TO SEE THE IMAGES FROM MY SESSION AND PLACE MY ORDER? Ordering appointments are scheduled on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Appointments are scheduled during business hours. The most important decisions in the portrait process occur during your ordering appointment. We take great pride in providing our clients with an interactive and fun way to place your order. The ordering appointment will take place approximately 10-14 days after your portrait session. It will be scheduled at your consultation. It is very important that all decision makers are present during this time, as this is the appointment where your final decisions will be made. This is a time where you will want to devote your full attention (ordering appointments take between 1 and 2 hours), we ask that you arrange for a babysitter for children under the age of 12. At your ordering appointment we will present your images in a gorgeous slideshow, and we will then help you select the images, groupings, books, and frames suitable for your home, office,and for gifts for friends and family. We specialize in helping you select the best images and display presentations, and feel this process is a very important service that we can offer to our clients.
08. HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO GET MY ORDER? Your portraits will be ready for pickup approximately 4-6 weeks after your order is placed. This date will be set at your consultation. Quality takes time, so please allow us the time needed to provide you with the quality you expect from a custom portrait photography studio.
09. HOW LONG WILL YOU KEEP MY FILES? Non-ordered images will be removed from our system following your ordering appointment – we do not archive files which are not ordered. All ordered and paid for images are archived for a period up to 1 year. Images not paid for are deleted and will not be stored on our system.
10. WHAT IF I NEED TO RESCHEDULE MY SESSION? We understand that unexpected events come up, whether due to illness, weather, travel delays or emergencies. If you need to reschedule, please call us as soon as possible (at least 24-48 hours in advance). While our session fees are non-refundable, you may use it for a one-time reschedule (if called within the 24-48 hour window) to be scheduled within 6 months of your original appointment date.
11. WHEN DO I PAY FOR MY SESSION FEE AND WHAT DOES THIS COVER? Your full session fee payment is required at the time of booking. This fee is the only way to hold your appointment. The session fee covers the time,talent, and creative fee of the portrait artist and is non-refundable.
12. CAN I HAVE MY ITEMS SHIPPED TO ME? If you desire shipping, we will charge a shipping and handling fee for your portrait order.
13. WHEN IS PAYMENT DUE FOR MY ORDER? We require 100% of your order total before ANY part of the order is started. Your order must be paid for in full before ANY portion of your order is completed or before any part of your order is picked up. Balances must also be paid in full to receive ANY digital images or yearbook images. Orders are custom made and are non-refundable.
14. WHAT IF I WANT TO MAKE A COPY OF MY IMAGE? All images remain the property of John Pyle Photography and are protected by federal copyright laws. Duplication in part or whole (whether by scanning or reprinting) is strictly prohibited and will be prosecuted by law. This includes posting scanned images to social media websites.
15.WHAT IF I WANT TO USE IMAGES FROM MY SESSION IN FOR MY YEARBOOK? Image purchased can be provided for yearbook use upon payment of full balance. Please choose those images at your ordering session.